Take Care of Your Heart at Houston Physicians’ Hospital
According to research, one person dies of cardiovascular disease every 37 seconds in the U.S. This astonishing figure has continued to increase over the years as patients overlook the importance of timely diagnosis and treatment which can put their lives at risk.
At Houston Physicians’ Hospital, we utilize state-of-the-art technology to effectively diagnose heart and vascular disease in its early stages. Not only does timely diagnosis vastly reduce the risk of developing chronic heart disease, but it also can help patients regain their strength and stamina sooner. Our comprehensive testing helps us provide an accurate diagnosis of the patient’s condition while ruling out other causes.
Our Heart and Vascular solutions center utilizes cutting-edge techniques to help patients get back to a healthy and exuberant life.
Common Heart and Vascular Diseases
At Houston Physicians’ Hospital, we detect, diagnose, and treat the following heart and vascular diseases:
- Coronary artery disease
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Blood clots
- Congenital heart disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Aortic disease
- Pulmonary embolisms
- Pulmonary stenosis
Our diagnostic process necessitates a comprehensive evaluation of patients’ symptoms, medical history, family history, medication use, and lifestyle. This helps our doctors unearth underlying factors that are associated with the condition, which helps us provide individualized treatment based upon their specific physiology. Patients are generally required to undergo one or more of the following tests:
- Electrocardiogram: An electrocardiogram monitors the electrical signals in the heart and identifies abnormalities in the rhythm and structure. It is commonly administered while a patient is in a resting position or exercising.
- Echocardiogram: An ultrasound of the chest that displays the heart’s functioning and structuring.
- Cardiac catheterization: A minimally invasive procedure that helps measure the pressure in the heart chambers.
- CT scan or MRI: Standard tests required to evaluate the heart.
- Additional tests: Specialists may prescribe additional tests including an exercise stress test, nuclear cardiac stress test, and coronary angiogram for a deeper examination of the heart and cardiovascular system.
Upon diagnosis, our medical experts devise an individualized treatment plan for each patient.
Early detection can help patients undergo treatment that doesn’t require surgery. However, surgery may be required in cases of chronic heart and vascular disease. At Houston Physicians’ Hospital, we offer the following treatment plans depending on the severity and complexity of the condition:
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Angioplasty/Stent
- Peripheral Angioplasty/Stent
- Peripheral Angiography
- Pacemaker Placement
- Defibrillator Placement
- Implantable Loop Recorder
Visit the Cardiovascular Treatment at The Heart and Vascular Solutions Center at Houston Physicians’ Hospital
If you suspect that you may have a heart condition, see your doctor immediately. If you need a cardiologist or an electrophysiologist, you can find one through Houston Physicians’ Hospital. We serve patients across Southeast Texas—including South Houston, Galveston, Clear Lake, Webster, and League City.