Medical Imaging with a Personal Touch at Houston Physicians’ Hospital
As one of the leading medical facilities in Southeast Texas, Houston Physicians’ Hospital offers state-of-the-art imaging services administrated by friendly and caring, board-certified Musculoskeletal Radiologists, nurses, and support staff.
Our state-of-the-art medical imaging service takes a compassionate approach with a patient-centered focus that makes you feel comfortable during the entire process. Our technology creates a visualization of tissues, organs, and body parts to effectively detect, diagnose, treat, and monitor diseases and other conditions. This process allows our physicians to closely examine the patient’s condition which helps them devise an individualized and accurate diagnostic and treatment plan.
While patients may have the same condition, there are several subjective factors that can cause differences in how it affects each individual. These commonly include lifestyle, genetics, medical history, medication use, age, weight, and other unique factors.
Our cutting-edge medical imaging services take each patient’s condition into account. We utilize the latest technological imaging advancements to help doctors provide the most accurate diagnosis possible.
When you choose the Imaging Center at Houston Physicians’ Hospital, you can count on having a comfortable and seamless, in-office experience followed by specialized treatment and care. Plus, we offer same day and next day appointments.
MRI Caring Suite
In the MRI Caring Suite at Houston Physicians’ Hospital, you can create an experience that helps you to relax during your entire session. With just a tap, you can become immersed in your choice of favorite 4K nature themes, lighting hues, music, movies or even your family photos. Get lost in the great Redwood Forest, an undersea grotto, or outer space. Hear the waves wash over the beach as you watch the sunrise over Big Sur. Each theme pairs nature videography with music or natural soundtracks.
The MRI “Caring Suite” contains a 60” flat screen TV on the ceiling, surround sound, and mood lighting that can help reduce anxiety and the need for sedation in patients that experience claustrophobia.
Imaging Services Offered at Houston Physicians’ Hospital
Our non-invasive medical imaging procedures are extremely helpful in detecting disorders in their early stages allowing patients and doctors to take preventative measures before conditions fully develop. This reduces the chances of the patient needing surgery and helps our doctors prescribe non-invasive to minimally-invasive treatment plans if possible.
Our certified radiologic technicians perform the following procedures:
- X-ray – Using electromagnetic waves, a type of radiation, X-rays create black and white images of the insides of your body
- CT or CT (Computed Tomography) Scans – Our 32-slice and low radiation exposure CT provides higher quality images in less time with less radiation exposure
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) – Designed with the only “Caring Suite” in Southeast Texas allowing the patient to watch movies or view nature themes as well as family photos—even while their head is inside the machine
- 3T MRI –Also known as 3 Tesla MRI, utilizes radio waves and a more powerful magnet to show more clearer, more vivid images of the body with shorter scan times. It can even show the difference between normal and abnormal tissue. HPH uses the technology to acquire more detailed views of the brain, spine, joint soft tissue, and interiors of bones and blood vessels. It also maximizes patient comfort in the HPH Caring Suite.
- Ultrasound or Sonogram – Used to monitor unborn babies, diagnose medical conditions or, help surgeons during surgery, this imaging method uses high-frequency sound waves to generate an image of the body’s inside
- UroNav – Combines pre-biopsy MRI images of the prostate with real-time ultrasound-guided biopsy images for a more accurate assessment and biopsy of suspicious prostate lesions
- Fluoroscopy – this technique uses X-ray technology to generate real-time moving X-ray images
Following the procedure, each exam is read and interpreted by a board-certified Musculoskeletal Radiologist and the patient’s doctor. This helps them determine the best course of treatment and enables them to advise the patient on precautionary measures, lifestyle changes, medication, or, in some cases, a surgical plan.
Patients may be required to schedule follow-up appointments to enable doctors to closely monitor the condition and adjust the treatment plan if need be.
Medical imaging is extremely helpful in detecting urologic, neurological, musculoskeletal, and cardiovascular conditions—among many others. Our imaging services are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology. Whether you require a simple x-ray for a sports injury, or an MRI to examine causes of head, back, or joint pain, we utilize state-of-the-art imaging equipment and technology to help our doctors provide the best possible care.
Same-Day and Next-Day Appointments Available at Our Imaging Center in Webster
We offer appointments on the same day or the next day. In urgent cases, appointments are also available after hours.
Our imaging services are open during these hours:
- 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Saturday)
In addition, our ultrasound exams are performed from:
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Why Should I Choose Houston Physicians’ Hospital’s Imaging Services?
Our friendly, trained staff goes the extra mile to make each patient feel at ease. Not only will you undergo a thorough diagnostic imaging experience, but our physicians, nurses, specialty radiologists, and board-certified Musculoskeletal Radiologists will also make you feel comfortable and informed during each stage of the process.
At Houston Physicians’ Hospital, we’ve created an environment that helps reduce the anxiety that patients may feel before their medical procedures—including non-invasive imaging tests. We understand how nerve-wracking the experience can be, so we take every measure possible to offer hospitable and helpful services that ease the process for our patients.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
To schedule a same-day or next-day appointment with our imaging center, call our Central Scheduling Department at 281.557.5624. We proudly serve patients across Southeast Texas—including South Houston, Galveston, Webster, Clear Lake, and League City.