With Our State-of-the-Art Fertility Treatment at Houston Physicians’ Hospital, We Can Help You Keep Hope Alive.
With approximately 12–13 out of 100 couples in the U.S. struggling to conceive, infertility and reproductive disorders are extremely common across the nation. Research further indicates that 9% of men and 11% of women experience fertility problems, thereby making women more prone to seeking treatment.
While the condition does not produce overt symptoms in most cases, some women may experience irregular menstrual periods. Similarly, men may exhibit signs of hormonal problems—including changes in hair growth, erectile dysfunction, and pain or swelling around the testicles.
As the frequency of cases involving infertility has continued to increase over the years, patients can now opt for a wide range of treatment plans depending on the severity and the type of condition.
Prior to treatment, patients undergo a fertility evaluation to help reproductive endocrinologists determine underlying causes. Women may undergo ovulation testing, laparoscopy, ovarian reserve testing, and hysterosalpingography. Men may undergo a semen analysis, testicular biopsy, imaging, ultrasound, genetic testing, and hormone testing.
Our team of specialists and physicians determine the best course of treatment following a comprehensive diagnosis.
The doctors associated with Houston Physicians’ Hospital leverage cutting-edge technology, innovative software solutions and years of medical expertise to offer safe and effective infertility treatments that help couples conceive and have a safe pregnancy. Each treatment plan is determined after considering the cause and duration of infertility, age, lifestyle, the severity of the condition, and personal concerns.
Fertility Treatment for Women at Houston Physicians’ Hospital
With over 6.1 million women in the U.S. suffering from infertility, there are many fertility treatments offered that concurrently enhance female reproductive health in the long run. Most common treatment plans include:
- Fertility Drugs: Female fertility drugs have proven to be extremely effective in correcting infertility without requiring surgery. They trigger ovulation, thereby correcting ovulation disorders and inducing pregnancy.
- Laparoscopic Surgery: The procedure surgically repairs damaged or blocked fallopian tubes, thereby allowing the eggs to pass through.
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART): Shared by men and women, ART includes a wide range of combinative fertility treatments that may be used to correct male and female fertility issues with or without the help of a donor or surrogate.
Infertility Treatment for Men at Houston Physicians’ Hospital
Commonly caused by a low sperm count, low sperm mobility, and sperm abnormalities, male infertility can be corrected through a wide range of treatments. Additional causes may include overheating of the testicles, hormonal imbalance, ejaculation disorders, and internal/external damage caused by past surgical operations, treatments, and illnesses. Each factor is taken into consideration before deciding the ideal treatment plan.
Common male infertility treatments include:
- Medication: Specialists and physicians may prescribe fertility medication in cases that don’t require surgery. Fertility medication is extremely effective in increasing sperm production and enhancing testicular function, resulting in higher chances of successful impregnation.
- Varicocele Treatments: Varicoceles (swollen veins in the scrotum) are one of the most common causes of infertility in men. They can be corrected via varicocele treatments that repair swollen veins, thereby correcting sperm movement, production, and structure.
Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART): ART requires the retrieval of sperm through regular ejaculation or a donor—depending on the man’s situation. This is followed by surgical or non-surgical insertion in the female partner’s uterus. Most patients tend to opt for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Book a Consultation for Timely Diagnosis and Fertility Treatment
Find the right reproductive endocrinologist from the many who practice at Houston Physicians’ Hospital to diagnose your infertility problem and find the right treatments. We want you to have a healthy pregnancy.
We’ve helped hundreds of couples correct their infertility issues and start new families. Our comprehensive evaluation and treatment program addresses your concerns and family situation while working to relieve other symptoms associated with reproductive disorders including chronic pelvic pain and psychological stress.
If you’re looking for a fertility specialist in Southeast Texas including South Houston, Clear Lake, League City, Galveston, and Webster visit our website to find the reproductive endocrinologist that’s right for you and your partner.
Meet Our Team of Physicians and Specialists
Sorry, no physician matched your criteria.